Monday, April 28, 2014

Small Measure of Happiness!!!

I am in totally off mood at work today coz of some things which got flared up at my work for no mistake of mine.. But I wanted to take a break and other than writing who else would be my better friend in venting out.

Anyways coming to the topic, I took my lil munchkin to this incredibly, excellent, well cast & enacted show "Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf". Well of course, it is a classic and the original story essence ( thankfully with no remixes) was kept. My son completely loved it, I have taken him to a few theater shows before but this one gave a complete different experience to us. It was an hour show with no intermission and I was worried as how I was going to occupy him or how he is gonna be quiet for that entire hour. Of course, I did start the talking on Thursday so that he is completely into it by Saturday. The biggest thing was that they allowed food and drinks inside the theater and it was so interactive that all the children were hooked on to the show. Although the complete an hour session was Q& A for me but he did follow the rules of asking me in a low tune and not disturbing the other audience beside us.

I am so happy he liked it, coz a daughter of a " M A English Literature Graduate" ( that's how my hubby calls me when I try to show off my literature side) I was totally into all classics. My dad still has the original version of "Romeo and Juliet" ,"Macbeth", "Julius Caesar", "The Wizard of Oz". I grew up listening to those, reading those books. I wanted to introduce the small classics to my son like Hansel and Gretel, Goldilocks etc., Alice in Wonderland.

One fortunate thing for me was/is/ hope for the (Will -future state) my son loves reading books, be it comics, fairy tales, cartoons. I did start for him at an early age the introduction of books.Although I wanted to introduce classics at a very early age, somehow I gave up the idea after that thinking that it would be too much on him.I am glad that atleast I have the opportunity of introducing some of the literature drama to him through these theatres. I am not sure how its gonna develop in him as he grows, I just wish that he develops atleast a minute interest in the literature classics and develops a liking to the style and writing of some of the famous writers.

I did like the way they molded the story to suit the age group of kids by including songs, interaction, story telling and even the dialogues weren't pretty complicated. Simple words, sentences were used.I really wish we had similar kind of shows like these in my country too so that kids would be exposed to the theater arts at a very young age.

But I am going to be doing my bit of effort in making him like the theater arts by taking him to at least to a few shows every now and then so that even if he does not develop the interest in the later age at least he will remember that we did make an effort and we did take him to these famous classics and that feeling is more than accomplishment for me. So next show is "A VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR".. (fingers crossed) but as of now I am contended and Happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment