Monday, April 7, 2014

Adoption--- Life Changing Attitude

Wow... almost been a year since I visited my blog. Life has become so very hectic absolutely no time for anything.. with hubby's new interest and the lil dumpling growing up and plus my work, activities ... I need another 24 hours in a day to have time for my interest, hobbies...

Well.. that being said, I did watch this very interesting film "Vicky Donor" ( Hindi Feature Film) in the weekend and I liked the concept of the movie... very unique and well portrayed subject.It was about "Sperm Donation " and "Adoption" both are indeed very bold concept's well according to the Indian public and the message was very well conveyed..


"Adoption" ---- this has been "THE" word lingering since my college days.. I am big fan of Sushmitha Sen.. when she went all public about her adoption of a lil girl.. I was so impressed and wanted to follow her foot steps and I was not bothered about anything or anyone and I wanted to adopt a girl too... But as and when the life progressed, the idea of Adoption has never left me but the reality around it started increasing..

3 years back when I had my son, my hubby and I had this discussion that our next child would be a adopted one.. that was when I started exploring the opportunities, and the reality sinked in. At the same time there was a discussion about the very same topic in one of our girls groups and one of the girls actually brought out lot of good points.

The first which is the most important thing according to me, am I absolutely ready for this? it's someone's life, if I even show the slightest .0000000001% of difference to the child I wont be able to ever forgive myself after that.It's huge huge huge responsibility...I have few of my people in my friend's circle who have gone for adoption and I salute them for having done that.Hat's off...
 
The second one being, if I am going for adoption I have to go for the one from my native country the reason being I would want that child to get the same love, care, attention everything as my son ( this "My son" referring  has to completely change and I know it has to be a life changing attitude) and that child should actually feel that he/she is not different from us.

The third, am I mature enough or should I say bold enough to tell the child that I am not their biological mother and generous enough to allow the child to have a connection with the biological mother and accept that relationship too.. well I don't know....

 I know I have all the answers to all my questions, the only part is Am I ready enough to accept all the facts and am I strong enough to convince everyone about my decision ( I am sure the one person who would be on my side is my Hubby)and I can't be aggressive on this... well this has always been a debate in my mind. I wanted to get everything out of the system about this topic and writing has always been my friend in that area... But as of now, I have left everything to time, when the time comes I know everything will fall in place ( Hopefully ( Being completely optimistic)).

No comments:

Post a Comment