Thursday, May 22, 2014

Humanity or should I just say "Consideration"

This post is about a personnel incident in my life. I have to give credit to this person for this particular virtue they possess and it is hard to be seen in many of us. I read a post in my friend's wall today in the social media, where a taxi driver in NY had given ride to a old lady who was maybe in her final journey.

This brought back a memory of an incident which happened couple of weeks back. We were traveling to work.The traffic was pretty bad actually bumper to bumper on Lake shore drive and we knew that instant that there was some road closing. It was raining and the visibility was bad and it was extremely windy ( not that I complain about that in the windy city).As we were moving, we saw on the other side there was a bad accident, guess the car skid and probably hit the other vehicles which caused the heavy traffic.

By the way it looked, it had just happened and we could see one lady coming out of the car with some injury, there was a kid in the car and thankfully he was fine. The other people got down to help her. My husband who was driving that day, frantically was trying to open the front cabin and was searching something. I knew the instant he was trying to open the front cabin, he was searching for tissues for the lady who was on the other side and I helped him grab the tissue box( V usually have lots of that coz of emergency situations) in the storage.

He immediately opened the car window and asked if they needed it and threw it to the other side. The lady immediately grabbed it and gave a thumbs up.After that, we were on our way to work but this incident kept going on in my mind.. Of course, Mr. P (hubby)did not do a great thing but he did a timely one and this timely one according to me is the exact definition of "Human Consideration". I looked at him and I was so proud of him on that day, my son who was sitting behind us kept asking us questions. I am sure he wouldn't understand what happened but I for sure would take this example now and then to make him realize what he should stand for in his life.

Well, there is the other side of the coin, sometimes hubby goes a little ( little is an underrated word) overboard with this attribute of him ( those of you who are very close to us and know in and out  would agree with me ) and it back fires on him or he gets hurt or gets himself in trouble.

But as of that day, I was extremely proud of what my hubby did and couldn't help not appreciating him for the small act of "consideration" he showed.

No comments:

Post a Comment