Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wake up Call or Warning Alarm

I was undergoing this phase of life where everything was just going upside down,was regretting everything I had done,and was cribbing to a close colleague of mine, of what I was undergoing. She then introduced me to this person (say X), I use to see this X everyday, outside of my work place asking for some money or food.She told him how I was talking about regrets in life, X looked at me and said, if you hear my story you will never say the word "regret" in your life. X started to narrate as how he was the happiest man in the world, an excellent job ( X was a professor in one of the top universities), happy wife and a great son. His son wanted to become a doctor and how he had forced his son to become a lawyer and how they argued the day before. The next day X got a call that turned his world upside down, his son died in a car crash.After that, he lost interest in his life, his wife was mentally unstable and had to be admitted in the rehabilitation place for treatment, he lost his job because of his alcohol addiction. By the time he realized, everything was snatched away from him. He looked at me and said, you have the opportunity,strength, resource, everything  so do something about it because you will never know, when everything will be snatched away from you. But remember, there will lot of clues or warning signs for you to know that it is going to be snatched away from you for once and for all if you do not act on it.  He said, now I have urge to do something but I do not have the resources nor the strength to pursue it. He said he never use to believe when people use to say life is short, but now I understand the true meaning of how short it is.At once I knew that was my warning alarm. At the same time, I was also reading this book called "Little Princes" , sometimes the correct people, correct books, correct words come to you at the appropriate time just to wake you up for the purpose you are being sent. I am doing something about it. I have started to give more, help more, be considerate more, forgiving more and have an urge to do something different in the way I live before its too late. That one person and one book indeed left a great impact on me. Every time I find myself in a dreadful situation, I just of think of the man's situation and the situation of the kids in the book, the next moment I have a smile on my face of how much I have and how grateful or thankful I should be for what I have.I have started educating Adit more on the same terms so that his wake up call is early rather than late. Even now, I am not sure why I wanted to share this, but I have this urge to share, this may be a wake up call or warning alarm to someone who is reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment